Heroes Among Us was founded on the idea of helping service members, first responders and veterans in need. Who better than America's Heroes that have bravely served this great country?
Our team is made up entirely of volunteers. We advocate for those who need our help. Even a little help goes a long way.
That is why we are especially happy to find new volunteers who share our commitment to doing good in our community. Do you want to support us by helping with our work? Then do not hesitate to contact us. A helping hand is always greatly appreciated!
HEROES AMONG US helps to provide:
- temporary financial, personal and/or professional support and development;
- emergency needs as in travel expenses for self and/or spouse and/or children and/or family (often times a Hero must travel to Walter
Reed or BAMC (Brooke Army Medical Center) for treatments and evaluations. Typically only the Hero’s expenses are
paid. Not the spouse or children or family. Even Hero's expenses are paid through an expense reporting system and can create severe temporary hardship);
- home furnishings that are often too expensive for the Hero and his/her family;
- short-term educational assistance for children;
- "Santa Clause" Christmas shopping for the children of the Hero...the Holiday seasons can be a struggle for some families because of financial hardships due to injuries including physical and/or PTSD and/or TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury);
- special opportunities (Suite tickets to professional ball games or visits with celebrities...if possible or, etc.);